LEADING FIRST AID FOR MENTAL HEALTH - TUTOR LED COURSE (Qualification - Level 6 SCQF)
Course Dates: DATES FOR 2024 TBC - Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details, thank you.
Delivered via Zoom each session will take place at the following time; 9.30am - 12.30 noon.
COST: £250 per person - includes a FAMH book or e-book, one to one Assessment, e-certificate and resources.
BOOK YOUR SPACE
ABOUT THE COURSE
Who is this course suitable for?
The course is suitable for all persons within a workplace but would be particularly useful for anyone who holds a supervisory/managerial level position and who has responsibility for implementing a positive mental health culture and responsibility for First Aid for Mental Health within an organisation.
What will you learn?
The course includes how to recognise and manage stress and understand the impact of substance abuse. You will also learn about the first aid action plan for mental health, be able to put it in place and know how to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace.
- Provide an overview of what mental health is, why people develop mental health conditions and the role of a First Aider for Mental Health.
- Understand how to start a conversation and provide practical support for a person presenting a mental health condition.
- How to recognise and effectively manage stress.
- Understand the effects of drugs and alcohol on mental health
- How to effectively use the First Aid for Mental Health action plan
- How to influence a mentally positive culture in the workplace
- Understand a range of mental health disorders and the support/therapy provided by professional healthcare providers (Depression, PTSD, Suicide, Personality Disorders, Psychosis, Anxiety, Self-harm, Eating disorders, Bipolar, Schizophrenia)
To gain the qualification you will need to successfully pass an assessment which consists of multiple-choice questions and open questions. This will take place via Zoom as a one to one with Sarah (approx. 1 hour).
Upon successful completion of the course, you can receive either:
- RQF Level 3 - Supervising First Aid for Mental Health at RQF Level 3
- SCQF Level - 6 Leading First Aid for Mental Health at SCQF Level 6
Qualification is valid for three years from the date of completion.
If you have any questions about the course please contact email@example.com